Main Types Of Musician Ear Plugs To Choose From
With the understanding that parts of the body are irreplaceable, it is very good to take care of them. One such great part of the body to protect is the ear. Many musicians have to perform in loud noise concerts. To be safe from complications such as tinnitus, it is important for each one of them to have ear plugs on. There are numerous of them out there in the market. With such a wide variety from different manufacturers, one should go for that which will offer the desired protection. However, there are three main categories of ear plugs. These include custom fit, foam and the filtered generic earplugs. Scroll down and get to understand each category better before buying any type of musician ear plugs.
Generic Fit Musician Ear Plugs
How they work
These ones closely offer the same natural frequency of a person’s ear. They reduce sound level by up to 15dB. At the same time, they help minimize frequency roll offs. By doing this, generic fit filtered ear plugs ensure that every song on the stage sounds the same, but quieter. Simply insert them in your ear before going on stage. One good example in this category is the ER-20 earplug offered by Etymotic Research Company.
– Are very easy to insert in your ears.
– Offers the same quality of sound, but at a more comfortable power.
– Offer noise reduction to nearly all frequencies.
– Are cheap and affordable.
– Are re-usable and can last for more than 6 months.
– Not limited to musicians along as they can be used in industrial places and sports environments.
It has one main demerit which due to its unsuitability to different sized ears. It may not fit in your ears comfortably thus it will be good if you try them on first before buying.
How they work
These are available in both re-usable and single use types. They are designed to comfortably fit into a musician’s ear and block external noise. A person simply needs to roll it into some sausage shape after which they will settle in the ear can comfortably. They mostly come in orange attractive colors and can be found in different pharmacies and stores in your nearest town.
– Are very effective in blocking external noise due to the seal created when inserted in the ear.
– Are available and easy to find.
– Are inexpensive for anybody who wants to reduce noise when clubbing to buy.
– Easily fit the shape of any person’s ear.
– Are widely preferred if the club will be full of loud music which is harmful to the ears.
– Foam earplugs are popular for reducing high frequency sounds as compared to the mid sounds. This makes it hard for a person to hear when being talked to unless they are removed.
– A good number of people complain that these musician earplugs hurt ears used for long periods of time.
– Are not quite fashionable as they come in few colors – like orange.
Custom Made Ear Plugs
How they work
First these types are designed with medical grade silicon and are perfect for a musician’s ear. For a person who is going to wear earplugs for a long time, this will be the perfect choice as they offer extreme comfort. They are fitted with effective filters to help reduce noise. Even in a loud music pub, one is able to hear the same quality of songs, but at lower sounds. They come in different types, but a musician will have to choose between the 9dB, or 15Db, or 25dB according to his/her needs. They are made to fit any shape of your ear and are easy to insert.
– Very comfortable to wear for a long time.
– Fit well in any shape or size of an ear.
– Offers good quality sounds, but at comfortable levels.
– Come in a variety of designs to choose form depending on a person’s needs.
Many users complain of the high prices as they are the most expensive in the market. This is due to the process involved in getting them. One has to first visit an Audiologist to get the dimensions right before making a perfect custom plugs.
Finally, there is a wide variety of musician earplugs for anyone to choose from. Loud noise destroys your ears thus one has to take preventive measures before entering any noise club. This article has just provided you with the main three categories that are available in the market. The task is now upon you to buy concert ear plugs that suits your ears best.