For everyone who is a music lover or works in the outdoors, protecting the ears from damage is a primary task. While earphones and headsets are the most popular method to enjoy music while on the move, they are also potentially damaging and can cause serious harm. To save yourself from these harmful effects of loud audio signals, it might be a good idea to invest in Bluetooth hearing protection products. These ensure that you are safe and comfortable even as you enjoy your music tracks to the fullest.
What is Bluetooth Hearing Protection?
Technology has made major progress in the recent decade. The best way of incorporating these advanced features into our day-to-day life is by using them to enhance our daily experiences. The Bluetooth hearing protection system is an advanced feature of earphones by means of which one can stream audio signals via Bluetooth devices and enjoy them without damaging the ears.
This is a feature mainly associated with high-quality earphones. The earphones are built using wireless receptors that allow you to:
· Stream music
· Talk on the smartphone
· Coordinate between departments at work
· Minimize noise interference by outdoor signals
· Improve audio clarity by enhancing weaker signals
· Listen to the FM or Radio
All of this is possible through Bluetooth co-ordination between the earphones and the respective device. Additional features of high-end earphones are noise cancellation, greater audio clarity and built-in mic for smartphone compatibility. All of this makes an investment into Bluetooth hearing protection earphones a worthwhile consideration.
Pros and Cons:
Like every technologically advanced product, earphones that use Bluetooth settings for audio reception have both pros and cons.
The benefits of using this type of device are:
1. Safety: Perhaps the biggest benefit to using this method is the protection it offers to your hearing. For those who work in the music industry or who are avid music fans, the chances are that they listen to music for over 16 hours a day. This sort of audio reception causes an immense stress on the eardrums and using a earphone enabled with wireless hearing protection minimizes health risks considerably.
2. Greater Audio Clarity: The other benefit of using this type of earphone is that it offers greater audio clarity. The reason for this is noise reduction. As a result of minimal external noise disturbances, the quality of music heard is much greater and the signals are undoubtedly sharper.
3. Convenience: The other great benefit of using Bluetooth enabled hearing protection is that it offers you with ease-of-access at all times. As has been covered earlier, the technology can also be used to receive and answer calls on your smartphone. For those who are always working and especially for senior citizens, this is a very convenient option. People can now multi-task and answer calls without having to physically move each time.
While there are significant advantages of using Bluetooth enabled earphones, there are also some disadvantages. These are:
1. Cost: Since this is a product that is not produced as much as the regular earphones, the cost is significantly high. For many, especially in the work sector, investing in earphones for every member of the workforce might seem like a tall ask.
2. Design: Many Bluetooth enabled hearing protection devices are bulky and difficult to handle. The earphone-and-mic system is not only tough to put on in times of emergency but can also hamper visibility. To avoid these situations it might be a good idea to research different models thoroughly before purchase.
Reviews of Popular Bluetooth Models
Despite the few disadvantages, Bluetooth enabled hearing protection devices are a great option for all. From the young to the old, the products are a great way to experience perfect audio clarity and quality. These devices offer a range of benefits that far outweigh the cons. In this segment we take a look at the two most popular devices that use Bluetooth to enhance their features.
3M Peltor WS 100 Communications Headset
20 dB Noise Reduction
This is a great device for those who are tired of workplace noises but do not wish to hamper communication between departments. This type of headset is ideal for those who work with construction companies or at any outdoor facility. The noise reduction vastly improves work focus and aids in the overall efficiency of the workers. Furthermore, since it uses wireless technology, the chances of entertainment and communication are not disrupted.
The device offers the following advantages:
- Noise cancellation that improves voice communication
- Improved sound quality through in-built stereo system
- Bluetooth connectivity for ease of use
- Ambient listening features that make it easier to identify warning signals, work instructions and approaching vehicles
To ensure overall safety, this seems to be a good and convenient investment.
3M Peltor WS Tactical Sport Communications Headset
20 dB Noise Reduction
The perfect device for those who wish to protect their ears from external workplace noises, the Tactical Sport Communication Headset seems to have gathered promising reviews. The product has been engineered keeping in mind that constant exposure to high-decibel sounds are damaging for the ears in the long run. To help customers improve their hearing by significantly reducing noise exposure the makers have incorporated the device with the following features.
- Tactical, electronic earmuffs to amplify weaker sound signals: This is a great benefit for those who work in the outdoors or those who are elderly and suffering from weakened hearing.
- Impulse noise reduction that is useful in cases where the user is a shooter or a hunter
- Easy storage by virtue of its collapsible structure
- Easy connectivity through Bluetooth
The product is one that is easy to use and promises overall safety. Furthermore, it seems to be perfect for those who shoot on a regular basis. The headset is a must have for those looking to protect their hearing while enhancing their audio experience.
Since there are certain situations in life where one cannot ignore the constant presence of loud noises investing in a Bluetooth enabled hearing protection device might be a smart option. This is not only a great way of ensuring that your ears are protected from the harmful effects of high-decibel sound signals but is also a good option when it comes to improving audio quality.