Do you like enjoying high quality music? You really do not have to put up with technologically inferior headsets. You need to check best noise cancelling headphones – just the thing you need.
Read all about noise cancelling headphones and check our top 5 headphones reviews at the end of the article. Inform yourself about best noise cancelling headphones before you make a buying decision.
Best Selling Noise Cancelling Headphones
|Bose QuietComfort 15||Bose||4.4||$$$$$|
|Bose QuietComfort 20i||Bose||4.5||$$$$$|
In the matrix above there are 4 columns:
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Model/Picture – (click to view more details or purchase)
- Brand name
- Rating – The average user rating on Amazon.com. This can be very helpful in deciding if people are satisfied with their purchase.
- Price – Approximate prices on Amazon.com. These change frequently based on availability, special promotions, and more. Generally speaking: $ = the lowest price, $$$$$ = the highest price
No Disturbance With Noise Cancelling Headphones
Noise cancelling headphones provide extraordinarily quality sounds and great comfort while offsetting external noise to enhance focus and concentration. These headphones are designed for high performance and nil-tolerance to external noise enabling for clear, bold and crisp sound output. With such quality sound output, you do not have to excessively increase the volume to identify various subtleties in your music. This feature helps you improve listening and raises your focus.
Thanks to the noise cancelling headphones, passengers in rather noisy vehicles such as trains and airliners can enjoy a good sleep, athletes can go about their work-out without anything distracting their concentration and safety information and announcements can be heard clearly.
How Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
Best noise cancelling headphones use active noise control technologies to reduce undesirable ambient sounds. ANC (active noise control) only limits low-frequency sounds. High frequency sounds are offset using traditional soundproofing methods and noise suppression techniques such as using rubber ear cups to prevent the sound from reaching the user.
Sensors and emitters are used to detect extraneous noise and generate a cancelling waveform that neutralizes the noise. Manufacturers and models differ in where these sensors and emitters are placed. With in-ear models, these sensors and emitters are placed in a little housing along the cord. It is usually fitted with a clip to support it on the breast pocket of your shirt.
Larger models such as the over the ear types normally fit these sensors and emitters into the ear cups. This makes them compact and classier.
Best noise cancelling headphones require that they have a power source to run the ANC component. Batteries are mostly used for this purpose. While some models use AA/AAA batteries, others come with custom rechargeable in-built units. Generally, the run time is impressively long, some lasting up to 50 hours. However, some headphones will not work until the cancelation is ON, meaning that if the battery runs out, sound output is stopped as well.
Benefits of Using Noise Cancelling Headphones
These are great earphones to use in any occasion and enhance your listening environment when the surrounding is full of noise.
Noise cancelling headphones provide a comfortable environment and allow crisp clear listening. They block out most extraneous sounds to provide comfort and quality sound output.
You do not have to excessively increase the volume to enjoy your music. You can hear everything clearly even with the volume down low. This provides a rich listening environment even in environments with a lot of noise.
Commuters and others who travel regularly by plane and train can have peace of mind when using Noise cancelling headphones. They can block away the surrounding noise and still be able to listen to music, lectures or presentations. These headphones are also higly favored by students in their studies since the external world is blocked away to create a noise free environment for studying.
Downsides of Noise Cancelling Headphones
They consume a lot of power. And that means you have to constantly charge or replace the batteries. A big problem for those in long journeys and people who will not have access to power for a long time. Headphones that rely on the music players for power will quickly drain the device’s power.
Noise cancelling headphones are quite pricey, depending on the type of headphone you desire. There are some lower-end headphones in the market, but they are not as effective as other high-end models.
Noise cancelling headphones generate a sound that counters incoming ambient noises. Some people complain that this disturbs them because they hear some distance hamming sound. In addition, some people think they are not comfortable enough since they feel some disturbing pressure exerting on their eardrum. People who are sensitive will have these and other concerns before they get used to them.
Relax with music – or without it
The world today is full of distractive noise that may be annoying, especially when you are just trying to have a nice sleep during a commute or trying to concentrate for your studies. There are many situations that need our full concentration. As the eye can be distracted by bright light, the ear is sensitive to loud uncontrolled noise.
Technological advancements can create a noise-free environment for you to achieve optimal concentration. Using best noise cancelling headphones is one way. What’s more, you will be enjoying nice, crisp clear music while you are at it.
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Reviews
Here you can see our top picks of best noise cancelling headphones. Read reviews and decide what model is best suited for your needs.
Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones will give you a better experience as far as your music is concerned. These types of headphones, to be precise, have made noise reduction very much possible without compromising on the quality of sound produced. No wonder, they are most preferred headphones among flyers.
- Lifelike sound that improves the clarity of sound and thus are capable of revealing niceties which are otherwise hard to detect.
- Advanced noise reduction which is ideal for work, home or even travel.
- Around-ear cushions – These types of headphones use soft, around-ear cushions which provide a comfortable fit.
- Two audio cables, one with a remote control for iPod/ iPhone control, the other does not have.
- Thirty-five hours of use from AAA battery. Incredible!
- Carry case that you will use to carry them around.
- Airplane adapter
Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones are unparalleled as far as noise cancelling is concerned. The leather pads apply extremely light pressure on your head. Simply put, they are carefully managed.
The ear pads and the head padding are an inch thick but still manage to be soft. Sumptuous is the perfect term to use! These headphones also allow you to switch between music and calls much easily. Besides, they also allow you to regulate the volume, select tracks and even use voice applications.
- They are extremely comfortable.
- They are very effective as far as noise cancellation is concerned.
- You can easily switch between music and calls.
- They exert less pressure on your head.
- They are great to drive with.
- They exert strange pressure on your ears.
- They have been associated with middle-class because of their black and silver design.
- The headband tends to stick far from the side of your head.
- Their batteries are not rechargeable.
In conclusion, Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones are very comfortable and capable of reducing noise. Despite the few flaws associated with them, they still rock. You can wear them for many hours and still be guaranteed of that they will protect your ears.
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones
- Noise reduction circuitry system that effectively cuts back environmental clamor by up to 90%.
- Large-aperture drives and neodymium magnet fittings for high-impact bass, higher fidelity and extended treble.
- Comfortable, redesigned ear-cups with expertly cushioned padding and a nice design that easily fits over the ear.
- It’s lightweight, compact and bears a fold-flat exterior that’s ideal for long-distance travel.
- QuietPoint also has wholesome integrated electronics and no peripheral modules would be needed.
- Proficient airline adapter for easy linkage with in-flight entertainment devices, including a handy carriage case.
These lightweight, multifunctional headphones are setting international trends in modern electro-acoustic technology. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B is ideal for use with various acoustic devices including MP3, DVD, CD and in-flight digital entertainment systems. The closed-back headphones offer lucid, high-resolution sounds with impactful bass and detailed sound midrange, also available is a protracted treble with accurate imaging and an immersive sound-field.
- Nice case, separable cord and long battery life.
- Can still relay quality sound when not operating on noise-cancelation mode.
- Great price point.
- Only requires a standard mini-audio cable system to function and not proprietary connectors.
- One can use the headphones without necessarily storing a battery.
- Buzzing interference in case the user is streaming cellular data.
- Tight fit especially around the head and ears, this can make them uncomfortable when used for extended periods of time.
- It’s too heavy on bass sound and this can be uncomfortable for those who like listening to pop and rap.
- Quite intense sound leakage and can’t be used in quiet settings such as the office.
- Problems with the battery cover to fit into place.
Whether you want to find peace in your humble living room or stay refreshed after a tedious flight travel, the ATH-ANC7B Noise-Cancelling Headphones have got you covered. These devices have high 109dB sensitivity levels to help generate efficient volume from any digital music source.
Sony MDR-1RNC Premium Noise-Cancelling Headphones
The Sony MDR-1RNC is a Premium Noise-Cancelling Headphone that produces great sound quality and has superior noise cancellation capabilities compared to other brands in its class. Headphones with active noise cancellation provide true sound to its users, but end up being expensive and this product is no exception. The Sony calls this MDR range “PRESTIGIOUS” and has priced this series on a higher side.
The Sony MDR-1RNC has a full active noise cancellation system equipped with dual noise sensors that reduces up to 99% of ambient noise. The 50 mm diameter diaphragm is made of liquid crystal polymer which enhances the acoustic quality and bass response.
The product has a very modern design and weighs around 330 grams, it is on a heavier side, but still can be carried easily. The build quality of the headphones is very solid and the product feels quite sturdy while using. The BLACK edition comes with a red trim which looks very stylish and the generous use of metal gives the product a premium feel. Sufficient amount of foam padding is provided to make the headphones comfortable while using and improving the acoustic seal for pure audio experience.
These headphones produce one of the finest sound and every detail of the song is reproduced very nicely by these headphones. The active noise cancellation system works flawlessly and provides better performance than other brands in the market. The headphones comes with adequate cushioning which makes it very comfortable to use. Apart from being stylish, the build quality of the headphones is very solid and the headphones does not feel fragile at all.
Although these headphones provide one of the purest sound quality with minimum noise, sometimes the sound becomes too bright and some listeners might not be comfortable with it. These noise cancelling headphones are priced too high which make them out of reach of an average user.
The Sony MDR-1RNC provides one of the best quality audio in its class and produces every detail of the song very beautifully. Any customer who can afford these premium headphones will not be disappointed at all and it will be a great acoustic experience.
Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones are part of the QuietComfort line started in the year 2000 by Bose. The models available today are different, because many improvements have been made since the original ones were released. The earphones are the first from the company to have active noise cancellation.
- engaging sound
- active noise cancellation
- comfort plus
- easy control
- power indicator light
- clothing clip
- 3 pairs of StayHear+ tips
- lithium-ion rechargeable battery plus 1 USB cable
- zippered cloth nice carrying case
- weight of 1.5 ounces
- new processing chip exclusive to the company
With a gray and silver color scheme, the Bose QuietComfort 20i earphones have similar cables to the passive models from the same company. The connector is flexible an non sturdy. The 20i version is designed specifically for Apple devices. You can charge the battery in the USB port of your computer.
- The device provides the best noise cancellation effect that you can experience. It is specifically engineered to allow you to experience the best sound without any noises.
- Comfort is assured by a perfect fit into your ears.
- The carrying case is a lot smaller than the ones of other similar products, which makes the earphones perfect for travel.
- The design allows you to wear the earphones loose in the ears, providing more comfort than other models.
- The extra space offers better acoustic design, and two microphones can monitor the external noise.
- Because of noise cancellation, you can enjoy your music regardless of the environment in which you use the device.
- Three pairs of eartips can offer more options for those who want the perfect fit.
- The design of the product is not very compact. But, there are other features that can substitute this minus.
Bose QuietComfort 20i can be the best choice for Apple users who need to enjoy music anywhere without any noise bothering them. With different eartips and a multitude of other features, such as active noise cancellation, the model can be great for the most avid users, providing comfort and a fine experience.
SoundBot SB220 Bluetooth Noise-Cancellation Stereo Headphone
The SoundBot SB220 Bluetooth Noise-cancellation stereo headphone for music stream and handsfree calling is one of the best sets of headphones in the market today. This headset appeals especially to drivers. If you are one of those people who frequently find themselves having to answer phone calls when driving you will find these headphones to be amazing.
These wireless headphones feature software and CVC echo/noise cancellation. This allows you to listen to your music in such amazing quality from virtually any kind of A2DP-enabled device. It could be your mobile phone, PC, tablets etc. There are controls on the headset which allow you to control your listening mode from just about any point. You can play, skip and select music from without having to whip out your phone which may be driver-friendly.
The best thing about SoundBot SB220 headphones is the sound quality especially for calls. There is nothing as bad as not being able to hear the person on the other end because the sound quality is poor. The SoundBot SB220 will ensure that you never have to suffer the agony of asking for repetition of what has been said. This is a characteristic of most noise-cancelling headphones. There is no sound distortion and performance is really good.
Also the fact that you can adjust your listening through the headphones is an added advantage. They are comfortable to wear and you can listen to your music or e-books while working out at the gym and you will not have to fondle for your phone to adjust the volume or rewind.
While loud volume might appeal to some people, the SoundBot SB220 Bluetooth headphones tend to be a little bit too loud for some people. This raise privacy concerns for some people especially when making phone calls. Even when playing on low volume, the volume might be slightly too high.
In general, these headphones are really convenient for most people who prefer to be listening to something as they go about their tasks. Apart from the loud volume, it is a nice set of headphones which at their current low online prices are an awesome steal.